The Leptospirosis Reference Centre is part of the Amsterdam University Medical Centers, Academic Medical Center (AMC), department of Medical Microbiology and Infection Prevention, and is internationally officially known by the following names:
- OIE Reference Laboratory for Leptospirosis
- Expertise Centre for Leptospirosis
The Leptospirosis Reference Centre:
- offers a variety of services to the health care community
- maintains a collection of Leptospira reference strains
- offers a variety of reference materials
- offers training on an individual basis or through international courses
- performs research in the field of zoonoses.
The Leptospirosis Reference Centre is ISO 15189 accredited.
For our Dutch diagnostic services: see this page
The laboratory can be reached directly through telephone number: +31 20 566 5431
On the page Procedure and Guide you will find more information about how to order products in the Leptospira Library and pricing.
For reference see the following literature: