Bafani Bafani 1946
The strain was isolated from a patient in Zaire (former Belgian Congo) by van Riel (1946). Van Thiel (1948) states that the strain was differentiated by the absorption test from many other strains available at that time. The serovar represented by strain Bafani first appears in the list of serovars of 1965 (WHO, 1965) under the name bafani, with a provisional status, but in the list of 1967 (WHO, 1967) it is listed as a recognized serovar.
The strain was submitted to factor analysis and it was suggested that it should be placed in the subgroup Canicola (Kmety, 1967).
* Riel J. van. Le foyer centro-africain de leptospirose. Ann. Soc. beige Med. trop. 26, 1946, 197-244.
* Thiel P.H. van. The Leptospirosis. Univ. Pers, Leiden, 1948, p. 231.
* WHO: Classification on Leptospires and Recent Advances in Leptospirosis. Bull. Wld. Hlth. Org. 32, 5, 1965, 881-891.
* WHO: Current Problems in Leptospirosis Research. Wld. Hlth. Org. Tech. Rep. Ser. No. 380, Geneva 1967, p.32.
* Kmety E. Faktoranalyse von Leptospiren der Icterohaemorrhagiae and einiger verwandter Serogruppen. Biologicke Prace, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Vyd. SAV Bratislava XIII, 3, 1967, p. 124.
Showing 1 strains
Each strain costs € 446,00
Reactions between reference strains and monoclonal antibodies
All monoclonal antibodies are € 550,00 per 0.5 ml