Kamituga Kamituga 1939
The strain was isolated in 1939 from a sick field worker in Kivu, Zaire (former Belgian Congo) by van Riel (van den Berghe, van Riel,1939). In van Riel's paper (1946) the strain was differentiated by absorption tests from many other strains. The serovar represented by strain Kamituga first appears in the list of serovars of 1965 (WHO, 1965) under provisional status, but in the list of 1967 (WHO,1967) it is a recognized serovar.
The strain was submitted to factor analysis and it was suggested that it should be placed in the subgroup Canicola (Kmety, 1967).
* Berghe L. van den, Riel J. van. Proprietes biologique d' fine souche de L. icterohaemorrhagiae isole au Congo Belge. Bull. Soc. Path. Exot. 32, 10, 1939, 944-952.
* Riel J. van. Le foyer Centro-Africain de leptospirose. Ann. Soc. Belge Med. Trop. 26, 1946, 197-244.
* WHO: Classification on Leptospires and Recent Advances in Leptospirosis. Bull. Wld. Hlth. Org. 32, 5, 1965, 881-891.
* WHO: Current Problems in Leptospirosis Research. Wld. Hlth. Org. Tech. Rep. Ser. No. 380, Geneva 1967, p.32.
* Kmety E. Faktoranalyse von Leptospiren der Icterohaemorrhagiae and einiger verwandter Serogruppen. Biologicke Prace, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Vyd. SAV Bratislava XIII, 3, 1967, p. 124.
Showing 1 strains
Each strain costs € 446,00
Reactions between reference strains and monoclonal antibodies
All monoclonal antibodies are € 550,00 per 0.5 ml