Autumnalis Akiyami A 1925
During an investigation in September-October, 1922, in the Shizuoka Province of Japan, several leptospiral strains were isolated from blood samples taken from patients suffering from autumn fever (akiyami). Serological studies revealed that the strain designed Akiyami type A, could be differentiated from Icterohaemorrhagiae, Hebdomadis and a strain known as Akiyami type B (Koshima et al., 1925).
Comparative studies by Schüffner on strains Akiyami A and Rachmat indicated that strain Akiyami A is the complete biotype of Rachmat (Schüffner, 1939 and Gispen et al., 1939). In the list of 1959 (WHO, 1959) the serovar appears as Autumnalis "AB", but in the 1967 list (WHO, 1967), the serovar is named autumnalis, with reference strain Akiyami A.
* Koshima M., Shiozawa S., Kitayama K.: Studies of leptospira Hebdomadis. J. exp. Med. 42, 1925, 873-895.
* Schüffner W.: Voortgezette pogingen tot ordening der Leptospirae. Geneesk. tijdschr. Ned.- Ind. 79, 39, 1939, 2470-2478 .
* Gispen R., Schuffner W.: Die Spaltung der klassischen L. icterohaemorrhagiae in zwei Biotypen. Zbl. Bakt. I. Abt. Orig. 144, 1939,427-434.
* WHO: Joint WHO/FAO Expert Committee on Zoonoses. Wld. Hlth. Org. Techn. Rep. Ser. No. 169, Geneva 1959, p. 83.
* WHO: Current Problems in Leptospirosis Research. Wld. Hlth. Org. Tech. Rep. Ser. No. 380, Geneva 1967, p.32
Showing 1 strains
Each strain costs € 480,00
Reactions between reference strains and monoclonal antibodies
All monoclonal antibodies are € 592,00 per 0.5 ml