Sarmin serogroup - 1939
Serovar Sarmin appeared in the first serovar list of 1954 (Wolff & Broom) when it represented a separate serogroup. Being the only member of that group it was tentatively transferred to the Icterohaemorrhagiae serogroup in the list of 1967. After the valid descriptions of the serovars Weaveri, Waskurin, Rio and Machiguenga, which are related to Sarmin, the Sarmin serogroup was reestablished (TSC, Manchester, 1986). Recently serovar Cuica was described (Pereira et al., 1991). The serogroup now contains 6 serovars.
* Wolff J.W., Broom J.C. The Genus Leptospira Noguchi 1917, Problems of Classification and Suggested System Based on Antigenic Analysis. Doc. Med. Geogr. Trop. 6, 1954, 78-95.
* Kmety E. Faktoranalyse von Leptospiren der Icterohaemorrhagiae and einiger verwandter Serogruppen.
* Biologicke Prace, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Vyd. SAV Bratislava XIII, 3, 1967, p. 124.
* TSC meeting, 1986, Manchester: Minutes. Int. J. Syst. Bacteriol. 37, 1987, 472-473.
* Pereira M.M., Korver H., Mazzonelli J.M., Andrade J., and Morales G.: Search for Leptospirosis and Specific Antibodies in Wild Animals Trapped in a Peri-urban Area of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. LEPTOSPIROSIS (Proceedings of the Leptospirosis Research Conference 1990, Matsuyama, Japan) Tokyo University Press, 1991, 42-52.
Showing 6 strains
Each strain costs € 428,00